Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Vĩnh Xương - Châu Đốc - Cái Bè - Vĩnh Long
Vĩnh Xương - Châu Đốc - Cái Bè - Vĩnh Long
Vĩnh Xương, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Vĩnh Xương with a welcome drink. Checking into the cabins.
- The Bassac casts off and lunch is served after a short presentation of the ship.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac turns into the Tan Chau canal, then casts anchor for a visit of a village on the bank: rice fields, wooden ship building yards.
- Boarding back in the late afternoon, and the Bassac resumes her trip to the end of the canal.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac sets anchor for the night on the upstream branch of the Bassac river.
- Breakfast is ready from 7:00 AM on.
- The Bassac resumes her journey towards Chau Doc.
- Disembarkment for a visit of Chau Doc. Market, floating fish farms, Chàm muslim minority and worship places.
- Boarding at noon at the Chau Doc pier, welcome drink.
- Departure downstream on the Bassac river, as the crew serves lunch.
- We connect through river Vam Nao and around the district of Cho Moi to the First River.
- Mid-afternoon, we sail along a small tributary to Song Ho. Exploratory visit at Cho Moi: Village and old churches.
- Boarding back at dusk, welcome drink. Dinner is served en route.
- the Bassac drops anchor on the way in view of the My Thuan bridge for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 on.
- The Bassac sets sail after sunrise towards Cai Be, through sceneries of sweet water mangroves on river My Tho.
- Arrival near Cai Be, check-out and transfer to a rowing boat for a quiet visit through a small canal.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat, which will take you to shore for a visit of Cai Be's handicraft.
- Boarding in front of Cai Bè at noon, welcome drink.
- Departure from Cái Bè to Bình Hoà Phước Island while lunch is served on board.
- Transfer onto a local boat for a visit to the gardens and orchards on the bank of the peninsula.
- Back on board, a refreshment awaits you.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac cruises downstream of the Cổ Chiên River towards her anchorage point for the night in Vĩnh Long.
- Breakfast is available from 7:00AM, quiet on the river.
- Check-out and transfer for a visit to the Mang Thít pottery village, also known under the name of "The Red Kingdom".
- Disembarkment at Vĩnh Long.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Vĩnh Long.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
Some possible extensions
Here are some extension possibilities about the journey you are preparing. These, for the most part, we manage ourselves. May you find here some inspiration.
Before boarding, you may come all the way from Cambodia's Phnom Penh if you charter a speedboat, a trip that takes you through the frontier in no more than 4 hours. This makes the best use of time and sets you right on the spot to start an odyssey down the Mekong. Think of preparing a visa to Vietnam beforehand.
To book an extension
You may simply ask us to book any of these extensions, just mention it when booking the Bassac. We can also help you with the road transfer arrangements.