Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Vĩnh Long - Sa Đéc - Cần Thơ - Sa Đéc
Vĩnh Long - Sa Đéc - Cần Thơ - Sa Đéc
Vĩnh Long, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at noon at Vinh Long. Welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins.
- Lunch is served on board.
- Departure from Vinh Long to Binh Hoa Phuoc district. Transfer onto a local boat for a visit of the gardens and orchards on the bank of the peninsula.
- Back on board, a refreshment awaits you.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac gets under way towards the My Thuan bridge then drops anchor in view of the bridge for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30.
- The Bassac gets under way for a short run towards Sa Dec.
- Transfer for a visit of the town of Sa Dec, following the tracks of French novelist Marguerite Duras.
- Boarding back about noon at Sa Dec. Welcome back drink.
- Lunch while en route. The Bassac goes downstream the Tiền Giang River towards Vinh Long. Rest on the deck, or enjoy the open bar.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor for a visit on shore: past the first tree line, quiet discovery of the peaceful life in the delta's countryside, of rice fields, fruit trees and the welcoming inhabitants, or, at your option, short cycling tour of the surrounding area.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Open bar and rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river.
- The Bassac sets anchor in front of Phuoc Hau pagoda, in Tra On, for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 07:00, while the ship is passing by Tra On. The ship then continues its way towards Can Tho.
- Arrival in Can Tho, transfer onto a local boat to visit the floating market, then a noodle factory and return to the Ninh Kieu pier.
- Boarding at Can Tho at Ninh Kieu pier. Welcome drink, departure downstream of the Hau river. Lunch on board while en route.
- Branching into Nicolai canal, then Mang Thit river towards Co Chien river. Rest on the upper deck or enjoy the open bar in a scenery of rice fields, sugar cane, woods on the near banks.
- Visit of a village on the banks of river Mang Thit, an opportunity to appreciate the way of life and hospitality of the local inhabitants. Visit of the orchard or rice fields nearby. You may pot to take a short cycling ride instead of a walk.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. The bar services are available; rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river towards her anchorage point for the night.
- The Bassac sets anchor for the night on river Mang Thit.
- 06:30 Departure towards Sa Dec. The passengers take their breakfast while enjoying the scenery on the banks.
- The Bassac cruises upstream Co Chien river along the banks of Ben Tre.
- On the way towards Sa Dec, the Bassac crosses the My Thuan bridge.
- Upon arrival at Sa Dec, check-out and transfer onto a local boat for a visit of the market, then disembarkation.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Sa Đéc.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.