Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Sa Đéc - Cần Thơ - Long Xuyên - Tân Châu
Sa Đéc - Cần Thơ - Long Xuyên - Tân Châu
Sa Đéc, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Sa Dec at noon, welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, checking into the cabins.
- Lunch while en route. The Bassac goes downstream the Tiền Giang River towards Vinh Long. Rest on the deck, or enjoy the open bar.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor for a visit on shore: past the first tree line, quiet discovery of the peaceful life in the delta's countryside, of rice fields, fruit trees and the welcoming inhabitants, or, at your option, short cycling tour of the surrounding area.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Open bar and rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river.
- The Bassac sets anchor in front of Phuoc Hau pagoda, in Tra On, for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 07:00, while the ship is passing by Tra On. The ship then continues its way towards Can Tho.
- Arrival in Can Tho, transfer onto a local boat to visit the floating market, then a noodle factory and return to the Ninh Kieu pier.
- Boarding at Can Tho at Ninh Kieu pier. Welcome drink, departure upstream of the Hau river. Lunch on board while en route.
- In the middle of the afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor; disembarkation to visit the Ghost Market (Cho Ma), a village specialised in the weaving of mats, and home of a culturage heritage.
- Boarding back at dusk, welcome drink the dinner is served on board.
- Rest on the deck before the night. The Bassac drops anchors near Long Xuyen for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 7:00AM, quiet on the river.
- Visit on shore of a crocodile farm.
- Visit of a market in Long Xuyen.
- Boarding back at noon, refreshement as a welcome back.
- Departure towards Tiger Island on the middle of the Bassac river. Lunch is served on board while en route.
- Upon arrival at Tiger Island, transfer onto the longboat for a visit of stilted houses, a typical local architecture, then tour the island on a bike cyclo.
- Boarding back before dusk, a welcome drink and the dinner are served on board while en route.
- The Bassac drops anchor near Châu Đốc for the night.
- Breakfast is served from 6:30 AM, as the Bassac is on its way upstream the river and through Chau Doc.
- The Bassac casts anchor on the Tân Châu canal, a prolongation of the Vĩnh Tế canal, for the visit of a village. Wooden shipyards, rice fields.
- Boarding back and the Bassac resumes her journey towards Tan Chau.
- Check-out and disembarkation to shore at Tân Châu.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Tân Châu.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.