Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Mỹ Tho - Sa Đéc - Châu Đốc
Mỹ Tho - Sa Đéc - Châu Đốc
Mỹ Tho, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at noon at My Tho. Welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew.
- Departure from My Tho to Cai Be then to Binh Hoa Phuocc Island while lunch is served on board.
- Transfer onto a local boat for a visit of the gardens and orchards on the bank of the peninsula.
- Back on board, a refreshment awaits you.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac gets under way towards the My Thuan bridge then drops anchor for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30.
- The Bassac gets under way for a short run towards Sa Dec.
- Transfer for a visit of the town of Sa Dec, following the tracks of French novelist Marguerite Duras.
- Boarding back about noon at Sa Dec. Welcome back drink.
- Lunch is served as the Bassac sets sail towards upstream the river.
- After passing by Cao Lanh, the Bassac enters a small tributary of the river of the Tiger (Song Ho).
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac drops the anchor for the visit of a late XIXth century Franciscan monastery on an island, and the surrounding countryside.
- After boarding back before dusk, and a welcome drink, the Bassac resumes her trip.
- Dinner is served en route.
- The Bassac drops anchor on Song Hau, the Bassac river, for the night, after rounding Cho Moi district through the Vam Nao river.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 on, as the Bassac resumes her progress towards Chau Doc, upstream of river Bassac.
- Upon arrival at Chau Doc, check-out and transfer to a local boat for the visit of a floating fish farm on the way and a village of the muslim Cham minority, then final diembarkment.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Châu Đốc.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
Some possible extensions
Here are some extension possibilities about the journey you are preparing. These, for the most part, we manage ourselves. May you find here some inspiration.
Staying near Mỹ Tho
If you are staying near Mỹ Tho, you may
have a good time at The Island Lodge, at Michel and Françoise's on Thới Sơn island, facing the Mekong. The Island Lodge offers a relaxing experience by the pool, a view over the lush and ever-varied green of the countryside, and gourmet dining at Le Comptoir de Marthe et Édouard.
There are opportunities for activities from The Island Lodge.
After disembarking in Châu Đốc
Upon disembarking, you may skip the visit and transfer right away to a speedboat heading towards Cambodia and Phnom Penh. This takes leaving the board a bit early but saves you a night in Châu Đốc. The trip takes about 5 hours and puts you right in the middle of Phnom Penh on the Sisowath pier at lunch time. A very practical and fast access to Cambodia. You may even make your visa to Cambodia at the frontier.
To book an extension
You may simply ask us to book any of these extensions, just mention it when booking the Bassac. We can also help you with the road transfer arrangements.