Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Chợ Mới - Cần Thơ - Vị Thanh - Rạch Giá
Chợ Mới - Cần Thơ - Vị Thanh - Rạch Giá
Chợ Mới, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at the Cho Moi ferry pier, welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, check into your cabin.
- Departure on Vam Nao river, then downstream on the Bassac river, as the crew serves lunch.
- Upon arrival at Thot Not, transfer on the longboat for a visit of a village.
- Boarding back before dusk, a welcome drink and the dinner are served on board while en route.
- Rest on the deck before the night. The Bassac drops anchor for the night.
- Breakfast is served from 6:30 AM, as the Bassac is on its way downstream the river towards Can Tho.
- Arrival in Cai Rang floating market, transfer onto a local boat to visit the floating market, then a noodle factory and return to the Ninh Kieu pier.
- Arrival at Ninh Kieu, Can Tho, by mid-morning.
- Boarding back onto the Bassac at the Ninh Kieu pier, welcome drink.
- Lunch as the Bassac cruises up river Can Tho and crosses the sleepy floating market at Cai Rang.
- The boat then enters the very active Xa No canal, the main river link of Hau Giang province. The canal is lined with waterlocks and connecting canals dug in the early 20th Century to support rice production. These canals and collecting areas are still in activity today.
- Visit on shore in the second half of the afternoon, in the vicinity of Vị Thanh.
- Boarding back at nightfall, and dinner after a light refreshment as the Bassac resumes her long cruise towards river Cái Lớn.
- The Bassac casts anchor for the night once past the quiet town of Go Quao.
- As there is no light pollution, if the weather is clear, the early morning sky is full of stars.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30AM.
- As she enters the brackish waters of the estuary, the Bassac may send schools of silvery fish flying. By clear weather, one can see above the trees the peak of Hon Tre island, in the gulf of Siam.
- Arrival at the Xẻo Rô or Tắc Cậu ferry pier by mid-morning, check-out and transfer to shore.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Rạch Giá.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.