Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Chợ Mới - Cái Bè - Sa Đéc - Châu Đốc
Chợ Mới - Cái Bè - Sa Đéc - Châu Đốc
Chợ Mới, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at noon in Cho Moi, welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew.
- Lunch is served as the Bassac gets under way towards downstream of Song Ho (the river of the Tiger) in a scenery of fish-farming nets.
- Early afternoon, visit of a XIXth century monastery and convent still alive, and of the nearby countryside.
- Boarding back before dusk, with a welcome drink, to get under way towards My Thuan.
- Dinner is served while on the way along the Mekong by night.
- The Bassac drops anchor in view of the broad My Thuan bridge for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 on.
- The Bassac sets sail towards Cai Be, crossing the My Thuan bridge and turns into a smaller branch lined with mangrove.
- Arrival near Cai Be, transfer to a rowing boat for a quiet visit through a small canal.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat, which will take you to shore for a visit of Cai Be's handicraft.
- Boarding back at noon, with a welcome-back drink.
- Departure from Cai Be to Binh Hoa Phuoc Island while lunch is served on board.
- Transfer onto a local boat for a visit of the gardens and orchards on the bank of the peninsula.
- Back on board, a refreshment awaits you.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac gets under way towards the My Thuan bridge then towards Sa Dec.
- The Bassac drops anchor at the entry of Sa Dec for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 7:00AM.
- Transfer for a visit of the town of Sa Dec, following the tracks of French novelist Marguerite Duras.
- Boarding back about noon at Sa Dec. Welcome back drink.
- Lunch is served as the Bassac sets sail towards upstream the river.
- After passing by Cao Lanh, the Bassac enters a small tributary of the river of the Tiger (Song Ho).
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac drops the anchor for the visit of a late XIXth century Franciscan monastery on an island, and the surrounding countryside.
- After boarding back before dusk, and a welcome drink, the Bassac resumes her trip.
- Dinner is served en route.
- The Bassac drops anchor on Song Hau, the Bassac river, for the night, after rounding Cho Moi district through the Vam Nao river.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 on, as the Bassac resumes her progress towards Chau Doc, upstream of river Bassac.
- Upon arrival at Chau Doc, check-out and transfer to a local boat for the visit of a floating fish farm on the way and a village of the muslim Cham minority, then final diembarkment.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Châu Đốc.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
Some possible extensions
Here are some extension possibilities about the journey you are preparing. These, for the most part, we manage ourselves. May you find here some inspiration.
After disembarking in Châu Đốc
Upon disembarking, you may skip the visit and transfer right away to a speedboat heading towards Cambodia and Phnom Penh. This takes leaving the board a bit early but saves you a night in Châu Đốc. The trip takes about 5 hours and puts you right in the middle of Phnom Penh on the Sisowath pier at lunch time. A very practical and fast access to Cambodia. You may even make your visa to Cambodia at the frontier.
To book an extension
You may simply ask us to book any of these extensions, just mention it when booking the Bassac. We can also help you with the road transfer arrangements.