Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Chợ Mới - Cái Bè - Cần Thơ - Vị Thanh - Rạch Giá
Chợ Mới - Cái Bè - Cần Thơ - Vị Thanh - Rạch Giá
Chợ Mới, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at noon in Cho Moi, welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew.
- Lunch is served as the Bassac gets under way towards downstream of Song Ho (the river of the Tiger) in a scenery of fish-farming nets.
- Early afternoon, visit of a XIXth century monastery and convent still alive, and of the nearby countryside.
- Boarding back before dusk, with a welcome drink, to get under way towards My Thuan.
- Dinner is served while on the way along the Mekong by night.
- The Bassac drops anchor in view of the broad My Thuan bridge for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 on.
- The Bassac sets sail towards Cai Be, crossing the My Thuan bridge and turns into a smaller branch lined with mangrove.
- Arrival near Cai Be, transfer to a rowing boat for a quiet visit through a small canal.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat, which will take you to shore for a visit of Cai Be's handicraft.
- Boarding at Cai Be at noon. Welcome drink, departure towards Cho Lach on the Tien Giang river.
- Lunch while en route. Rest on the deck.
- The Bassac slips into the Chợ Lách canal, in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the river traffic, between markets and churches, a unique opportunity for a glimpse of the very varied life on the banks as well as on the water.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor for a visit on shore. Be it on foot or by bicycle, be ready to discover a village in the delta while appreciating its peaceful scenery and life with simplicity.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river.
- The Bassac sets anchor just downstream from Tra On for the night.
- The boat departs at 06:00, as the ship passes by Tra On. The ship
then departs towards Can Tho. The breakfast is available at 7:00.
- Arrival in Cần Thơ, transfer onto a local boat to visit the Cai Rang floating market, then a noodle factory and return to the Ninh Kieu pier by mid-morning.
- Boarding back onto the Bassac at the Ninh Kieu pier, welcome drink.
- Lunch as the Bassac cruises up river Can Tho and crosses the sleepy floating market at Cai Rang.
- The boat then entes the very active Xa No canal, the main river link of Hau Giang province. The canal is lined with waterlocks and connecting canals dug in the early XXth Century to help foster rice production.
- Visit on shore in teh second half of the afternoon, in the vicinity of Vị Thanh.
- Boarding back at nightfall, and dinner after a light refreshment as the Bassac resumes her long cruise towards river Cái Lớn.
- The Bassac casts anchor for the night once past the quiet town of Go Quao.
- As there is no light pollution, if teh weather is clear, the early morning sky is full of stars.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 in the morning.
- As she enters the brackish waters of the estuary, the Bassac may send schools of silvery fish flying. By clear weather, one can see above the trees the peak of Hon Tre island, in the gulf of Siam.
- Arrival at the Xèo Rô or Tắc Cầu ferry pier by mid-morning, check-out and transfer to shore.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Rạch Giá.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.