Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Châu Đốc - Vĩnh Xương - Châu Đốc - Cần Thơ
Châu Đốc - Vĩnh Xương - Châu Đốc - Cần Thơ
Châu Đốc, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at noon, with a welcome drink; introduction to the ship. Departure upstream river Bassac. Lunch is served while en route.
- In the middle of the afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor on the Tan Chau canal for the visit of a village. Wooden ship yards, rice fields.
- Boarding back by late afternoon.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac resumes her journey on the canal towards the first stream of the Mekong.
- The Bassac drops anchors for the night on the Tien Giang river, in front of Tan Chau.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 AM, as the Bassac casts off upstream the Mekong in the scenery of the banks.
- Arrival at the Vinh Xuong frontier post at about 8:00.
- Boarding at Vĩnh Xương with a welcome drink.
- The Bassac casts off and lunch is served.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac turns into the Tan Chau canal, then casts anchor for a visit of a village on the bank: rice fields, wooden ship building yards.
- Boarding back in the late afternoon, and the Bassac resumes her trip to the end of the canal.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac sets anchor for the night on the upstream branch of the Bassac river.
- Breakfast is ready from 7:00 AM on.
- The Bassac resumes her journey towards Chau Doc.
- Disembarkment for a visit of Chau Doc. Market, floating fish farms, Chàm muslim minority and worship places.
- Boarding at noon at the Chau Doc pier, welcome drink.
- Departure downstream on the Bassac river, as the crew serves lunch.
- Upon arrival at Thot Not, transfer on the longboat for a visit of a village.
- Boarding back before dusk, a welcome drink and the dinner are served on board while en route.
- Rest on the deck before the night. The Bassac drops anchor near Can Tho for the night.
- Breakfast is served from 6:30 AM, as the Bassac is on its way downstream the river towards Can Tho.
- Arrival in Can Tho, check out and transfer onto a local boat to visit Cai Rang floating market, then a noodle factory and return to the Ninh Kieu pier.
- Arrival at Ninh Kieu, Can Tho, by mid-morning.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Cần Thơ.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
Some possible extensions
Here are some extension possibilities about the journey you are preparing. These, for the most part, we manage ourselves. May you find here some inspiration.
Before boarding, you may come all the way from Cambodia's Phnom Penh if you charter a speedboat, a trip that takes you through the frontier in no more than 5 hours. Otherwise, depending on the time schedule of the speedboats, you may have to spend a night in Châu Đốc. Think of preparing a visa to Vietnam beforehand.
After disembarking in Cần Thơ
Upon disembarking, you may
take a tour of the old market and the Ninh Kiều pier, with its pagoda, then have lunch in Cần Thơ if you have time. The pier has a few good spots to stop for a meal: from the Sao Hôm restaurant, in the old market hall where you disembark itself, to the Nam Bộ restaurant (1 Ngô Quyền, just 300m away), which both serve classic Vietnamese cuisine and specialities, and even some western food for the weary traveler, and to l'Escale (the Port of Call), on the top floor of the Nam Bộ, which serves fine cuisine on a terrace overlooking the Mekong.
You may also take a cycling tour to some nice green spots in the surrounding contryside and discover how different Cần Thơ is, again, in the variety of landscapes of the Mekong delta.
You may also fly straight to Đà Nẵng if you are going on to Central Vietnam, that will save you hours on the road to Saigon.
There are daily direct flights between Đà Nẵng and Cần Thơ by Vietnam Airlines and Vietjet Air.
Vietjet Air flies by the end of the morning, so you may take the flight after disembarkation.
Staying near Cần Thơ
If you are staying near Cần Thơ, you may
make the best of your time and take a cycling tour, or a cruise to a Khmer sanctuary or try yourself at rowing Mekong delta style.
offer a wealth of activities and day tours, and also initiations to arts and crafts: Mekong delta cuisine and fruit carving.
You will find with the same attention to detail and caring service as with us.
You may also
spend a night or more in the Nam Bộ Boutique Hotel, a charming hotel right on the Ninh Kiều pier, at a stone's throw of the Bassac's mooring point. The Nam Bộ has 7 suites only, welcomes families and offers breakfast on a comfortable terrace with a view, at l'Escale.
To book an extension
You may simply ask us to book any of these extensions, just mention it when booking the Bassac. We can also help you with the road transfer arrangements.