Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Cần Thơ - Sa Đéc - Châu Đốc - Vĩnh Xương
Cần Thơ - Sa Đéc - Châu Đốc - Vĩnh Xương
Cần Thơ, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Can Tho at Ninh Kieu pier. Welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins. Departure downstream of the Hau river. Lunch on board while en route.
- Branching into Nicolai canal, then Mang Thit river towards Co Chien river. Rest on the upper deck or enjoy the open bar in a scenery of rice fields, sugar cane, woods on the near banks.
- Visit of a village on the banks of river Mang Thit, an opportunity to appreciate the way of life and hospitality of the local inhabitants. Visit of the orchard or rice fields nearby. You may pot to take a short cycling ride instead of a walk.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. The bar services are available; rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river towards her anchorage point for the night.
- The Bassac sets anchor for the night on river Mang Thit.
- 06:30 Departure towards Sa Dec. The passengers take their breakfast while enjoying the scenery on the banks.
- The Bassac cruises upstream Co Chien river along the banks of Ben Tre.
- On the way towards Sa Dec, the Bassac crosses the My Thuan bridge.
- Arrival in Sa Dec late in the morning.
- Boarding back about noon at Sa Dec. Welcome back drink.
- Lunch is served as the Bassac sets sail towards upstream the river.
- After passing by Cao Lanh, the Bassac enters a small tributary of the river of the Tiger (Song Ho).
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac drops the anchor for the visit of a late XIXth century Franciscan monastery on an island, and the surrounding countryside.
- After boarding back before dusk, and a welcome drink, the Bassac resumes her trip.
- Dinner is served en route.
- The Bassac drops anchor on Song Hau, the Bassac river, for the night, after rounding Cho Moi district through the Vam Nao river.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 on, as the Bassac resumes her progress towards Chau Doc, upstream of river Bassac.
- Upon arrival at Chau Doc, transfer to a local boat for the visit of a floating fish farm on the way and a village of the muslim Cham minority.
- Boarding back at noon, with a welcome drink. Departure upstream river Bassac. Lunch is served while en route.
- In the middle of the afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor on the Tan Chau canal for the visit of a village. Wooden ship yards, rice fields.
- Boarding back by late afternoon.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac resumes her journey on the canal towards the first stream of the Mekong.
- The Bassac drops anchors for the night on the Tien Giang river, in front of Tan Chau.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 AM, as the Bassac casts off upstream the Mekong in the scenery of the banks.
- Arrival at the Vinh Xuong frontier post at about 8:00. Check-out.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Vĩnh Xương.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
Some possible extensions
Here are some extension possibilities about the journey you are preparing. These, for the most part, we manage ourselves. May you find here some inspiration.
Staying near Cần Thơ
If you are staying near Cần Thơ, you may
make the best of your time and take a cycling tour, or a cruise to a Khmer sanctuary or try yourself at rowing Mekong delta style.
offer a wealth of activities and day tours, and also initiations to arts and crafts: Mekong delta cuisine and fruit carving.
You will find with the same attention to detail and caring service as with us.
You may also
spend a night or more in the Nam Bộ Boutique Hotel, a charming hotel right on the Ninh Kiều pier, at a stone's throw of the Bassac's mooring point. The Nam Bộ has 7 suites only, welcomes families and offers breakfast on a comfortable terrace with a view, at l'Escale.
Before boarding, you may take your breakfast in one of the good places near the river in Cần Thơ. Try the Nam Bộ restaurant, 1 Ngô Quyền, facing the boat bus pier, near the statue of Uncle Ho, or the Sao Hôm, in the old market hall, right in front of the Bassac's mooring point. Or if you prefer to be away from the crowds, you may like to try breakfast at l'Escale, on the top floor of the Nam Bộ, a beautiful breakfast in front of the river.
You may also
take your breakfast right at the floating market on board a Mystic sampan before boarding: a beautiful breakfast, maybe complemented with fruit bought directly on the floating market, on board sampans built in the same spirit as the Bassac.
We also offer a beautiful cruise to a Khmer sanctuary, which takes you back to shore on time to pack and board a Bassac.
You may also fly directly from Đà Nẵng if you are coming from Central Vietnam, that will save you hours on the road from Saigon.
There are daily direct flights between Đà Nẵng and Cần Thơ.
Vietjet Air flies in the middle of the day, which allows you to go on an excursion in the afternoon;
Vietnam Airlines flies in the evening, and you can spend the night in Cần Thơ, then enjoy activities in the morning before boarding.
After disembarking in Vĩnh Xương
Upon disembarking, you may transfer to a speedboat heading towards Cambodia and Phnom Penh. This leaves you ample time to have a solid breakfast, and still be on shore at lunch time, after about 4 hours, right in the middle of Phnom Penh on the Sisowath pier. A very practical and fast access to Cambodia. You may need to charter a speedboat to effect this journey, but you can even make your visa to Cambodia at the frontier.
To book an extension
You may simply ask us to book any of these extensions, just mention it when booking the Bassac. We can also help you with the road transfer arrangements.