Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Cần Thơ - Sa Đéc - Cái Bè - Vĩnh Long
Cần Thơ - Sa Đéc - Cái Bè - Vĩnh Long
Cần Thơ, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Can Tho at Ninh Kieu pier. Welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins. Departure downstream of the Hau river. Lunch on board while en route.
- Branching into Nicolai canal, then Mang Thit river towards Co Chien river. Rest on the upper deck or enjoy the open bar in a scenery of rice fields, sugar cane, woods on the near banks.
- Visit of a village on the banks of river Mang Thit, an opportunity to appreciate the way of life and hospitality of the local inhabitants. Visit of the orchard or rice fields nearby. You may pot to take a short cycling ride instead of a walk.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. The bar services are available; rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river towards her anchorage point for the night.
- The Bassac sets anchor for the night on river Mang Thit.
- 06:30 Departure towards Sa Dec. The passengers take their breakfast while enjoying the scenery on the banks.
- The Bassac cruises upstream Co Chien river along the banks of Ben Tre.
- On the way towards Sa Dec, the Bassac crosses the My Thuan bridge.
- Arrival in Sa Dec late in the morning.
- Boarding back by noon. Welcome-back drink.
- Lunch is served on board.
- In the afternoon, the longboat takes you to shore, for a visit of the plant nurseries.
- Boarding back by the end of the afternoon, and the Bassac gets under way heading downstream on the First River.
- The Bassac casts anchor for the night in view of the large My Thuan bridge, and dinner is served on board.
- 07:00 Departure towards Cai Be. The passengers take their breakfast while enjoying the scenery on the banks.
- The Bassac soon leaves the main river to enter between the Cu Lao Tan Phong island and Tien Giang province.
- Arrival near Cai Be, transfer to a rowing boat for a quiet visit through a small canal if the tide allows.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat, which will take you to shore for a visit of Cai Be's handicraft.
- Boarding in front of Cai Bè at noon, welcome drink.
- Departure from Cái Bè to Bình Hoà Phước Island while lunch is served on board.
- Transfer onto a local boat for a visit to the gardens and orchards on the bank of the peninsula.
- Back on board, a refreshment awaits you.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac cruises downstream of the Cổ Chiên River towards her anchorage point for the night in Vĩnh Long.
- Breakfast is available from 7:00AM, quiet on the river.
- Check-out and transfer for a visit to the Mang Thít pottery village, also known under the name of "The Red Kingdom".
- Disembarkment at Vĩnh Long.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Vĩnh Long.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
Some possible extensions
Here are some extension possibilities about the journey you are preparing. These, for the most part, we manage ourselves. May you find here some inspiration.
Staying near Cần Thơ
If you are staying near Cần Thơ, you may
make the best of your time and take a cycling tour, or a cruise to a Khmer sanctuary or try yourself at rowing Mekong delta style.
offer a wealth of activities and day tours, and also initiations to arts and crafts: Mekong delta cuisine and fruit carving.
You will find with the same attention to detail and caring service as with us.
You may also
spend a night or more in the Nam Bộ Boutique Hotel, a charming hotel right on the Ninh Kiều pier, at a stone's throw of the Bassac's mooring point. The Nam Bộ has 7 suites only, welcomes families and offers breakfast on a comfortable terrace with a view, at l'Escale.
Before boarding, you may take your breakfast in one of the good places near the river in Cần Thơ. Try the Nam Bộ restaurant, 1 Ngô Quyền, facing the boat bus pier, near the statue of Uncle Ho, or the Sao Hôm, in the old market hall, right in front of the Bassac's mooring point. Or if you prefer to be away from the crowds, you may like to try breakfast at l'Escale, on the top floor of the Nam Bộ, a beautiful breakfast in front of the river.
You may also
take your breakfast right at the floating market on board a Mystic sampan before boarding: a beautiful breakfast, maybe complemented with fruit bought directly on the floating market, on board sampans built in the same spirit as the Bassac.
We also offer a beautiful cruise to a Khmer sanctuary, which takes you back to shore on time to pack and board a Bassac.
You may also fly directly from Đà Nẵng if you are coming from Central Vietnam, that will save you hours on the road from Saigon.
There are daily direct flights between Đà Nẵng and Cần Thơ.
Vietjet Air flies in the middle of the day, which allows you to go on an excursion in the afternoon;
Vietnam Airlines flies in the evening, and you can spend the night in Cần Thơ, then enjoy activities in the morning before boarding.
To book an extension
You may simply ask us to book any of these extensions, just mention it when booking the Bassac. We can also help you with the road transfer arrangements.