Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Cần Thơ - Long Xuyên - Tân Châu
Cần Thơ - Long Xuyên - Tân Châu
Cần Thơ, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Can Tho at Ninh Kieu pier. Welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins. Departure upstream of the Hau river. Lunch on board while en route.
- In the middle of the afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor; disembarkation to visit the Ghost Market (Cho Ma), a village specialised in the weaving of mats, and home of a culturage heritage.
- Boarding back at dusk, welcome drink the dinner is served on board.
- Rest on the deck before the night. The Bassac drops anchors near Long Xuyen for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 7:00AM, quiet on the river.
- Visit on shore of a crocodile farm.
- Visit of a market in Long Xuyen.
- Boarding back at noon, refreshement as a welcome back.
- Departure towards Tiger Island on the middle of the Bassac river. Lunch is served on board while en route.
- Upon arrival at Tiger Island, transfer onto the longboat for a visit of stilted houses, a typical local architecture, then tour the island on a bike cyclo.
- Boarding back before dusk, a welcome drink and the dinner are served on board while en route.
- The Bassac drops anchor near Châu Đốc for the night.
- Breakfast is served from 6:30 AM, as the Bassac is on its way upstream the river and through Chau Doc.
- The Bassac casts anchor on the Tân Châu canal, a prolongation of the Vĩnh Tế canal, for the visit of a village. Wooden shipyards, rice fields.
- Boarding back and the Bassac resumes her journey towards Tan Chau.
- Check-out and disembarkation to shore at Tân Châu.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Tân Châu.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
Some possible extensions
Here are some extension possibilities about the journey you are preparing. These, for the most part, we manage ourselves. May you find here some inspiration.
Staying near Cần Thơ
If you are staying near Cần Thơ, you may
make the best of your time and take a cycling tour, or a cruise to a Khmer sanctuary or try yourself at rowing Mekong delta style.
offer a wealth of activities and day tours, and also initiations to arts and crafts: Mekong delta cuisine and fruit carving.
You will find with the same attention to detail and caring service as with us.
You may also
spend a night or more in the Nam Bộ Boutique Hotel, a charming hotel right on the Ninh Kiều pier, at a stone's throw of the Bassac's mooring point. The Nam Bộ has 7 suites only, welcomes families and offers breakfast on a comfortable terrace with a view, at l'Escale.
Before boarding, you may take your breakfast in one of the good places near the river in Cần Thơ. Try the Nam Bộ restaurant, 1 Ngô Quyền, facing the boat bus pier, near the statue of Uncle Ho, or the Sao Hôm, in the old market hall, right in front of the Bassac's mooring point. Or if you prefer to be away from the crowds, you may like to try breakfast at l'Escale, on the top floor of the Nam Bộ, a beautiful breakfast in front of the river.
You may also
take your breakfast right at the floating market on board a Mystic sampan before boarding: a beautiful breakfast, maybe complemented with fruit bought directly on the floating market, on board sampans built in the same spirit as the Bassac.
We also offer a beautiful cruise to a Khmer sanctuary, which takes you back to shore on time to pack and board a Bassac.
You may also fly directly from Đà Nẵng if you are coming from Central Vietnam, that will save you hours on the road from Saigon.
There are daily direct flights between Đà Nẵng and Cần Thơ.
Vietjet Air flies in the middle of the day, which allows you to go on an excursion in the afternoon;
Vietnam Airlines flies in the evening, and you can spend the night in Cần Thơ, then enjoy activities in the morning before boarding.
To book an extension
You may simply ask us to book any of these extensions, just mention it when booking the Bassac. We can also help you with the road transfer arrangements.