Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Cần Thơ - Châu Đốc - Cái Bè - Cần Thơ
Cần Thơ - Châu Đốc - Cái Bè - Cần Thơ
Cần Thơ, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Ninh Kiều pier at noon. Welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, check-in into the cabins. Departure towards upstream on the Bassac river. Lunch is served on board while en route.
- In the middle of the afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor; disembarkation to visit the Ghost Market (Cho Ma), a village specialised in the weaving of mats, and home of a culturage heritage.
- Boarding back before dusk, a welcome drink and the dinner are served on board while en route.
- Rest on the deck before the night. The Bassac drops anchor upstream of Long Xuyen for the night.
- Breakfast is served from 7:00AM, as the Bassac is on its way upstream the river towards Châu Đốc.
- Upon arrival in Chau Doc, transfer onto a local boat for the visit of a village of the Muslim Cham minority.
- Boarding at noon at the Chau Doc pier, welcome drink.
- Departure downstream on the Bassac river, as the crew serves lunch.
- We connect through river Vam Nao and around the district of Cho Moi to the First River.
- Mid-afternoon, we sail along a small tributary to Song Ho. Exploratory visit at Cho Moi: Village and old churches.
- Boarding back at dusk, welcome drink. Dinner is served en route.
- the Bassac drops anchor on the way in view of the My Thuan bridge for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 on.
- The Bassac sets sail after sunrise towards Cai Be, through sceneries of sweet water mangroves on river My Tho.
- Arrival near Cai Be, check-out and transfer to a rowing boat for a quiet visit through a small canal.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat, which will take you to shore for a visit of Cai Be's handicraft.
- Boarding at Cai Be at noon. Welcome drink, departure towards Cho Lach on the Tien Giang river.
- Lunch while en route. Rest on the deck.
- The Bassac slips into the Chợ Lách canal, in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the river traffic, between markets and churches, a unique opportunity for a glimpse of the very varied life on the banks as well as on the water.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor for a visit on shore: past the first tree line, quiet discovery of the peaceful life in the delta's countryside, of rice fields, fruit trees and the welcoming inhabitants, or, at your option, short cycling tour of the surrounding area.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river.
- The Bassac sets anchor just downstream from Tra On for the night.
- The boat departs at 6:00AM then cruises towards Can Tho. The breakfast is available at 7:00AM.
- Arrival in Cần Thơ, transfer onto a local boat to visit the Cai Rang floating market, then a noodle factory and return to the Ninh Kieu pier.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Cần Thơ.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
Some possible extensions
Here are some extension possibilities about the journey you are preparing. These, for the most part, we manage ourselves. May you find here some inspiration.
Staying near Cần Thơ
If you are staying near Cần Thơ, you may
make the best of your time and take a cycling tour, or a cruise to a Khmer sanctuary or try yourself at rowing Mekong delta style.
offer a wealth of activities and day tours, and also initiations to arts and crafts: Mekong delta cuisine and fruit carving.
You will find with the same attention to detail and caring service as with us.
You may also
spend a night or more in the Nam Bộ Boutique Hotel, a charming hotel right on the Ninh Kiều pier, at a stone's throw of the Bassac's mooring point. The Nam Bộ has 7 suites only, welcomes families and offers breakfast on a comfortable terrace with a view, at l'Escale.
Before boarding, you may take your breakfast in one of the good places near the river in Cần Thơ. Try the Nam Bộ restaurant, 1 Ngô Quyền, facing the boat bus pier, near the statue of Uncle Ho, or the Sao Hôm, in the old market hall, right in front of the Bassac's mooring point. Or if you prefer to be away from the crowds, you may like to try breakfast at l'Escale, on the top floor of the Nam Bộ, a beautiful breakfast in front of the river.
You may also
take your breakfast right at the floating market on board a Mystic sampan before boarding: a beautiful breakfast, maybe complemented with fruit bought directly on the floating market, on board sampans built in the same spirit as the Bassac.
We also offer a beautiful cruise to a Khmer sanctuary, which takes you back to shore on time to pack and board a Bassac.
You may also fly directly from Đà Nẵng if you are coming from Central Vietnam, that will save you hours on the road from Saigon.
There are daily direct flights between Đà Nẵng and Cần Thơ.
Vietjet Air flies in the middle of the day, which allows you to go on an excursion in the afternoon;
Vietnam Airlines flies in the evening, and you can spend the night in Cần Thơ, then enjoy activities in the morning before boarding.
After disembarking in Cần Thơ
Upon disembarking, you may
take a tour of the old market and the Ninh Kiều pier, with its pagoda, then have lunch in Cần Thơ if you have time. The pier has a few good spots to stop for a meal: from the Sao Hôm restaurant, in the old market hall where you disembark itself, to the Nam Bộ restaurant (1 Ngô Quyền, just 300m away), which both serve classic Vietnamese cuisine and specialities, and even some western food for the weary traveler, and to l'Escale (the Port of Call), on the top floor of the Nam Bộ, which serves fine cuisine on a terrace overlooking the Mekong.
You may also take a cycling tour to some nice green spots in the surrounding contryside and discover how different Cần Thơ is, again, in the variety of landscapes of the Mekong delta.
You may also fly straight to Đà Nẵng if you are going on to Central Vietnam, that will save you hours on the road to Saigon.
There are daily direct flights between Đà Nẵng and Cần Thơ by Vietnam Airlines and Vietjet Air.
Vietjet Air flies by the end of the morning, so you may take the flight after disembarkation.
To book an extension
You may simply ask us to book any of these extensions, just mention it when booking the Bassac. We can also help you with the road transfer arrangements.