Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Cái Bè - Sa Đéc - Châu Đốc - Cái Bè
Cái Bè - Sa Đéc - Châu Đốc - Cái Bè
Cái Bè, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Cai Be with a local boat through the Cai Be floating market. Boarding on the Bassac, welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew. Check into the cabins.
- Departure from Cai Be to Binh Hoa Phuoc Island while lunch is served on board.
- Transfer onto a local boat for a visit of the gardens and orchards on the bank of the peninsula.
- Back on board, a refreshment awaits you.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac gets under way towards the My Thuan bridge then towards Sa Dec.
- The Bassac drops anchor at the entry of Sa Dec for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 7:00AM.
- Transfer for a visit of the town of Sa Dec, following the tracks of French novelist Marguerite Duras.
- Boarding back about noon at Sa Dec. Welcome back drink.
- Lunch is served as the Bassac sets sail towards upstream the river.
- After passing by Cao Lanh, the Bassac enters a small tributary of the river of the Tiger (Song Ho).
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac drops the anchor for the visit of a late XIXth century Franciscan monastery on an island, and the surrounding countryside.
- After boarding back before dusk, and a welcome drink, the Bassac resumes her trip.
- Dinner is served en route.
- The Bassac drops anchor on Song Hau, the Bassac river, for the night, after rounding Cho Moi district through the Vam Nao river.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 on, as the Bassac resumes her progress towards Chau Doc, upstream of river Bassac.
- Upon arrival at Chau Doc, transfer to a local boat for the visit of a floating fish farm on the way and a village of the muslim Cham minority.
- Boarding at noon at the Chau Doc pier, welcome drink.
- Departure downstream on the Bassac river, as the crew serves lunch.
- We connect through river Vam Nao and around the district of Cho Moi to the First River.
- Mid-afternoon, we sail along a small tributary to Song Ho. Exploratory visit at Cho Moi: Village and old churches.
- Boarding back at dusk, welcome drink. Dinner is served en route.
- the Bassac drops anchor on the way in view of the My Thuan bridge for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 on.
- The Bassac sets sail after sunrise towards Cai Be, through sceneries of sweet water mangroves on river My Tho.
- Arrival near Cai Be, check-out and transfer to a rowing boat for a quiet visit through a small canal.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat, which will take you to shore for a visit of Cai Be's handicraft.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Cái Bè.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
Some possible extensions
Here are some extension possibilities about the journey you are preparing. These, for the most part, we manage ourselves. May you find here some inspiration.
Staying near Cái Bè
If you are staying near Cái Bè, you may
have a good time at The Island Lodge, at Michel and Françoise's on Thới Sơn island, facing the Mekong. The Island Lodge offers a relaxing experience by the pool, a view over the lush and ever-varied green of the countryside, and gourmet dining at Le Comptoir de Marthe et Édouard.
There are opportunities for activities from The Island Lodge.
To book an extension
You may simply ask us to book any of these extensions, just mention it when booking the Bassac. We can also help you with the road transfer arrangements.