Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Cái Bè - Chợ Mới - Cái Bè
Cái Bè - Chợ Mới - Cái Bè
Cái Bè, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Cai Be with a local boat through the Cai Be floating market. Boarding on the Bassac, welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew. Check into the cabins.
- Departure from Cai Be upstream through Mỹ Thuận bridge then Sa Đéc while lunch is served on board.
- The Bassac enters the river of the Tiger then drops the anchor for a visit of a XIXh century monastery.
- Back on board, a refreshment awaits you.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac gets under way towards the Northern part of Chợ Mới.
- The Bassac drops anchor for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30.
- The Bassac continues to cruise upstream Tien Giang river towards Vàm Nao.
- Transfer onto a local boat for a visit of a village North of Chợ Mới, not far from the main temple of the Hoa Hao sect.
- Boarding back at noon, with a welcome back drink.
- Lunch is served as the Bassac gets under way towards downstream of Song Ho (the river of the Tiger) in a scenery of fish-farming nets.
- Early afternoon, visit of a XIXth century monastery and convent still alive, and of the nearby countryside.
- Boarding back before dusk, with a welcome drink, to get under way towards My Thuan.
- Dinner is served while on the way along the Mekong by night.
- The Bassac drops anchor in view of the broad My Thuan bridge for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 on.
- The Bassac sets sail towards Cai Be, crossing the My Thuan bridge and turns into a smaller branch lined with mangrove.
- Arrival near Cai Be, check-out and transfer to a rowing boat for a quiet visit through a small canal.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat, which will take you to shore for a visit of Cai Be's handicraft.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Cái Bè.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
Some possible extensions
Here are some extension possibilities about the journey you are preparing. These, for the most part, we manage ourselves. May you find here some inspiration.
Staying near Cái Bè
If you are staying near Cái Bè, you may
have a good time at The Island Lodge, at Michel and Françoise's on Thới Sơn island, facing the Mekong. The Island Lodge offers a relaxing experience by the pool, a view over the lush and ever-varied green of the countryside, and gourmet dining at Le Comptoir de Marthe et Édouard.
There are opportunities for activities from The Island Lodge.
To book an extension
You may simply ask us to book any of these extensions, just mention it when booking the Bassac. We can also help you with the road transfer arrangements.