Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Bến Tre - Cái Bè - Cần Thơ - Bến Tre
Bến Tre - Cái Bè - Cần Thơ - Bến Tre
Bến Tre, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at noon at My Tho. Welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew.
- Quiet lunch between My Tho and the Ben Tre islands.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat for a visit of the Ben Tre islands: rowing through the arroyos shaded with water coconut trees, on a horsecart through to a honey farm where you will taste the local production.
- Boarding back before dusk, welcome drink, then departure towards Cai Be.
- Dinner is served en route.
- The bar is open, and the upper deck welcomes you for a cool evening.
- The Bassac drops anchor for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 in the morning.
- Arrival near Cai Be, transfer to a rowing boat for a quiet visit through a small canal.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat, which will take you to shore for a visit of Cai Be's handicraft.
- Boarding at Cai Be at noon. Welcome drink, departure towards Cho Lach on the Tien Giang river.
- Lunch while en route. Rest on the deck.
- The Bassac slips into the Chợ Lách canal, in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the river traffic, between markets and churches, a unique opportunity for a glimpse of the very varied life on the banks as well as on the water.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor for a visit on shore: past the first tree line, quiet discovery of the peaceful life in the delta's countryside, of rice fields, fruit trees and the welcoming inhabitants, or, at your option, short cycling tour of the surrounding area.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river.
- The Bassac sets anchor just downstream from Tra On for the night.
- The boat departs at 6:00AM then cruises towards Can Tho. The breakfast is available at 7:00AM.
- Arrival in Cần Thơ, transfer onto a local boat to visit the Cai Rang floating market, then a noodle factory and return to the Ninh Kieu pier by mid-morning.
- Boarding at Can Tho at Ninh Kieu pier. Welcome drink, departure downstream of the Hau river. Lunch on board while en route.
- Tour near Tra On floating market.
- Branching into Mang Thit river towards Co Chien river.Rest on the upper deck or enjoy the open bar in a scenery of rice fields, sugar cane, woods on the near banks.
- Visit of a village on the banks of river Mang Thit, an opportunity to appreciate the way of life and hospitality of the local inhabitants. Visit of the orchard or rice fields nearby.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Open bar and rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising through Co Chien then Cho Lach towards her anchorage point for the night.
- The Bassac sets anchor for the night on river My Tho.
- Breakfast is available at 6h30 AM. The Bassac cruises towards My Tho.
- Check-out and transfer onto a local boat for a visit of the Ben Tre islands: rowing through the arroyos shaded with water coconut trees, on a horsecart through to a honey farm where you will taste the local production.
- Disembarkment at My Tho
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Bến Tre.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.