If you need support and advice about your trip, please call us at +84 (0) 292 382 9540, we shall be happy to hear from you.
Please also see our rates.
Please mind, it is 12:41 PM now in Vietnam (GMT+7). The office is available from 8 to 12 and from 13:30 to 17:30 everyday but Saturday afternoons and Sundays.
For a journey along Vinhxuong-Chaudoc-Cantho-Rachgia, please just fill-in the message here-under and send it.
If you are open to other journeys or wish to make a broader enquiry, simply mention it in your introduction.
Vĩnh Xương - Châu Đốc - Cần Thơ - Vị Thanh - Rạch Giá
Vĩnh Xương, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Vĩnh Xương with a welcome drink. Checking into the cabins.
- The Bassac casts off and lunch is served after a short presentation of the ship.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac turns into the Tan Chau canal, then casts anchor for a visit of a village on the bank: rice fields, wooden ship building yards.
- Boarding back in the late afternoon, and the Bassac resumes her trip to the end of the canal.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac sets anchor for the night on the upstream branch of the Bassac river.
- Breakfast is ready from 7:00 AM on.
- The Bassac resumes her journey towards Chau Doc.
- Disembarkment for a visit of Chau Doc. Market, floating fish farms, Chàm muslim minority and worship places.
- Boarding at noon at the Chau Doc pier, welcome drink.
- Departure downstream on the Bassac river, as the crew serves lunch.
- Upon arrival at Thot Not, transfer on the longboat for a visit of a village.
- Boarding back before dusk, a welcome drink and the dinner are served on board while en route.
- Rest on the deck before the night. The Bassac drops anchor near Can Tho for the night.
- Breakfast is served from 6:30 AM, as the Bassac is on its way downstream the river towards Can Tho.
- Arrival in Can Tho, transfer onto a local boat to visit Cai Rang floating market, then a noodle factory and return to the Ninh Kieu pier.
- Arrival at Ninh Kieu, Can Tho, by mid-morning.
- Boarding back onto the Bassac at the Ninh Kieu pier, welcome drink.
- Lunch as the Bassac cruises up river Can Tho and crosses the sleepy floating market at Cai Rang.
- The boat then entes the very active Xa No canal, the main river link of Hau Giang province. The canal is lined with waterlocks and connecting canals dug in the early XXth Century to help foster rice production.
- Visit on shore in teh second half of the afternoon, in the vicinity of Vị Thanh.
- Boarding back at nightfall, and dinner after a light refreshment as the Bassac resumes her long cruise towards river Cái Lớn.
- The Bassac casts anchor for the night once past the quiet town of Go Quao.
- As there is no light pollution, if teh weather is clear, the early morning sky is full of stars.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 in the morning.
- As she enters the brackish waters of the estuary, the Bassac may send schools of silvery fish flying. By clear weather, one can see above the trees the peak of Hon Tre island, in the gulf of Siam.
- Arrival at the Xèo Rô or Tắc Cầu ferry pier by mid-morning, check-out and transfer to shore.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Rạch Giá.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
We offer a 20% late booking rebate to passengers boarding within the next 48 hours.1