If you need support and advice about your trip, please call us at +84 (0) 292 382 9540, we shall be happy to hear from you.
Please also see our rates.
Please mind, it is 3:29 PM now in Vietnam (GMT+7). The office is available from 8 to 12 and from 13:30 to 17:30 everyday but Saturday afternoons and Sundays.
For a journey along Sadec-Caolanh-Chaudoc-Longxuyen, please just fill-in the message here-under and send it.
If you are open to other journeys or wish to make a broader enquiry, simply mention it in your introduction.
Sa Đéc, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Sa Dec at noon, welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, checking into the cabins.
- Lunch is served on board.
- After lunch, transfer for a visit of the town of Sa Dec, following the tracks of French novelist Marguerite Duras: Home of "The Lover", the Trung Vuong primary school where French novel writer Marguerite Duras was a pupil.
- Back on board, a refreshment awaits you.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac gets under way towards Cao Lanh then drops anchor at the entry of Cao Lanh for overnight.
- Breakfast is available from 6h30 AM.
- Transfer onto a local boat for a visit of a eucalyptus forest where the Xeo Quyt Viet Cong Base was nestled, a moving testimony to the harshness of the fights during the Vietnam war.
- Boarding back about noon with a refreshing drink.
- Breakfast is served as the Bassac gets under way towars Cho Moi on a small tributary to the Tiger river
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac drops the anchor for the visit of a late XIXth century Franciscan monastery on shore.
- After boarding back before dusk, and a welcome drink, the Bassac resumes her trip.
- Dinner is served en route.
- The Bassac drops anchor on Song Hau, the Bassac river, for the night, after rounding Cho Moi district through the Vam Nao river.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 on, as the Bassac resumes her progress towards Chau Doc, upstream of river Bassac.
- Upon arrival at Chau Doc, transfer to a local boat for the visit of a floating fish farm on the way and a village of the muslim Cham minority.
- Boarding at noon at the Chau Doc pier, welcome drink.
- The crew serves lunch.
- After lunch, transfer onto a local boat for the visit of a village of the Muslim Cham minority and a floating fish farm on the way.
- Boarding back and departure downstream on the Bassac river. Just relax on the upper deck with the sunset around the open bar.
- Dinner is served en route.
- The Bassac drops anchor on Song Hau, the Bassac river, for the night, near Long Xuyen.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 AM, The Bassac cruises towards the floating market of Long Xuyen.
- Check-out and transfer on an local boat for a visit of a crocodile farm.
- Disembarkment at Long Xuyen.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Long Xuyên.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
We offer a 20% late booking rebate to passengers boarding within the next 48 hours.1