If you need support and advice about your trip, please call us at +84 (0) 292 382 9540, we shall be happy to hear from you.
Please also see our rates.
Please mind, it is 6:07 PM now in Vietnam (GMT+7). The office is available from 8 to 12 and from 13:30 to 17:30 everyday but Saturday afternoons and Sundays.
For a journey along Sadec-Caibe-Cantho-Sadec, please just fill-in the message here-under and send it.
If you are open to other journeys or wish to make a broader enquiry, simply mention it in your introduction.
Sa Đéc - Cái Bè - Cần Thơ - Sa Đéc
Sa Đéc, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Sa Dec at noon. Welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins.
- Lunch is served on board.
- In the afternoon, the longboat takes you to shore, for a visit of the plant nurseries.
- Boarding back by the end of the afternoon, and the Bassac gets under way heading downstream on the First River.
- The Bassac casts anchor for the night in view of the large My Thuan bridge, and dinner is served on board.
- 07:00 Departure towards Cai Be. The passengers take their breakfast while enjoying the scenery on the banks.
- The Bassac soon leaves the main river to enter between the Cu Lao Tan Phong island and Tien Giang province.
- Arrival near Cai Be, transfer to a rowing boat for a quiet visit through a small canal if the tide allows.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat, which will take you to shore for a visit of Cai Be's handicraft.
- Boarding at Cai Be at noon. Welcome drink, departure towards Cho Lach on the Tien Giang river.
- Lunch while en route. Rest on the deck.
- The Bassac slips into the Chợ Lách canal, in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the river traffic, between markets and churches, a unique opportunity for a glimpse of the very varied life on the banks as well as on the water.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor for a visit on shore. Be it on foot or by bicycle, be ready to discover a village in the delta while appreciating its peaceful scenery and life with simplicity.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river.
- The Bassac sets anchor just downstream from Tra On for the night.
- The boat departs at 06:00, as the ship passes by Tra On. The ship then departs towards Can Tho. The breakfast is available at 7:00.
- Arrival in Cần Thơ, transfer onto a local boat to visit the Cai Rang floating market, then a noodle factory and return to the Ninh Kieu pier by mid-morning.
- Boarding at Can Tho at Ninh Kieu pier. Welcome drink, departure downstream of the Hau river. Lunch on board while en route.
- Tour near Tra On floating market.
- Branching into Mang Thit river towards Co Chien river.Rest on the upper deck or enjoy the open bar in a scenery of rice fields, sugar cane, woods on the near banks.
- Visit of a village on the banks of river Mang Thit, an opportunity to appreciate the way of life and hospitality of the local inhabitants. Visit of the orchard or rice fields nearby.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. The bar services are available; rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river towards her anchorage point for the night.
- The Bassac sets anchor for the night on river Mang Thit.
- 06:30 Departure towards Sa Dec. The passengers take their breakfast while enjoying the scenery on the banks.
- The Bassac cruises upstream Co Chien river along the banks of Ben Tre.
- The Bassac resumes its trip towards Sa Dec, and crosses the My Thuan bridge.
- Upon arrival at Sa Dec, check-out and transfer onto a local boat for a visit and then disembarkment.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Sa Đéc.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
We offer a 20% late booking rebate to passengers boarding within the next 48 hours.1