If you need support and advice about your trip, please call us at +84 (0) 292 382 9540, we shall be happy to hear from you.
Please also see our rates.
Please mind, it is 9:02 PM now in Vietnam (GMT+7). The office is available from 8 to 12 and from 13:30 to 17:30 everyday but Saturday afternoons and Sundays.
For a journey along Mytho-Sadec-Caibe-Bentre, please just fill-in the message here-under and send it.
If you are open to other journeys or wish to make a broader enquiry, simply mention it in your introduction.
Mỹ Tho - Sa Đéc - Cái Bè - Bến Tre
Mỹ Tho, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at noon at My Tho. Welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew.
- Departure from My Tho to Cai Be then to Binh Hoa Phuocc Island while lunch is served on board.
- Transfer onto a local boat for a visit of the gardens and orchards on the bank of the peninsula.
- Back on board, a refreshment awaits you.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac gets under way towards the My Thuan bridge then drops anchor for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30.
- The Bassac gets under way for a short run towards Sa Dec.
- Transfer for a visit of the town of Sa Dec, following the tracks of French novelist Marguerite Duras.
- Boarding back by noon. Welcome-back drink.
- Lunch is served on board.
- In the afternoon, the longboat takes you to shore, for a visit of the plant nurseries.
- Boarding back by the end of the afternoon, and the Bassac gets under way heading downstream on the First River.
- The Bassac casts anchor for the night in view of the large My Thuan bridge, and dinner is served on board.
- 07:00 Departure towards Cai Be. The passengers take their breakfast while enjoying the scenery on the banks.
- The Bassac soon leaves the main river to enter between the Cu Lao Tan Phong island and Tien Giang province.
- Arrival near Cai Be, transfer to a rowing boat for a quiet visit through a small canal if the tide allows.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat, which will take you to shore for a visit of Cai Be's handicraft.
- boarding back at noon, with a welcome-back drink.
- Lunch on board as the Bassac is en route towards Binh Hoa Phuoc Island.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat to visit an old colonial house and an orchard garden on the Island.
- Boarding back before dusk. Refreshment drink then departure towards My Tho.
- Dinner is served en route.
- The bar is open, and the upper deck welcomes you for a cool evening.
- The Bassac drops anchor for the night in front of the Ben Tre islands.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 in the morning.
- Mid-morning, check out and transfer to a local boat for an extensive visit of the Ben Tre islands: rowing through the arroyos shaded with water coconut trees, on a horsecart through to a honey farm where you will taste the local production, especially honey tea.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Bến Tre.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
We offer a 20% late booking rebate to passengers boarding within the next 48 hours.1