If you need support and advice about your trip, please call us at +84 (0) 292 382 9540, we shall be happy to hear from you.
Please also see our rates.
Please mind, it is 9:59 PM now in Vietnam (GMT+7). The office is available from 8 to 12 and from 13:30 to 17:30 everyday but Saturday afternoons and Sundays.
For a journey along Longxuyen-Chaudoc-Vinhxuong-Chaudoc, please just fill-in the message here-under and send it.
If you are open to other journeys or wish to make a broader enquiry, simply mention it in your introduction.
Long Xuyên, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Long Xuyen at noon. Welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, check-in into the cabins.
- Departure towards Tiger Island on the middle of the Bassac river. Lunch is served on board while en route.
- Upon arrival at Tiger Island, transfer onto the longboat for a visit of stilted houses, a typical local architecture.
- Boarding back before dusk, a welcome drink and the dinner are served on board while en route.
- Rest on the deck before the night. The Bassac drops anchor near Long Xuyen for the night.
- Breakfast is served from 6:30 AM, as the Bassac is on its way upstream the river towards Chau Doc.
- Upon arrival to Chau Doc, transfer onto a local boat for the visit of a village of the Muslim Cham minority and a floating fish farm on the way.
- Boarding back at noon, with a welcome drink. Departure upstream river Bassac. Lunch is served while en route.
- In the middle of the afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor on the Tan Chau canal for the visit of a village. Wooden ship yards, rice fields.
- Boarding back by late afternoon.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac resumes her journey on the canal towards the first stream of the Mekong.
- The Bassac drops anchors for the night on the Tien Giang river, in front of Tan Chau.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 AM, as the Bassac casts off upstream the Mekong in the scenery of the banks.
- Arrival at the Vinh Xuong frontier post at about 8:00.
- Boarding at Vĩnh Xương with a welcome drink.
- The Bassac casts off and lunch is served.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac turns into the Tan Chau canal, then casts anchor for a visit of a village on the bank: rice fields, wooden ship building yards.
- Boarding back in the late afternoon, and the Bassac resumes her trip to the end of the canal.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac sets anchor for the night on the upstream branch of the Bassac river.
- Breakfast is ready from 7:00 AM on.
- The Bassac resumes her journey towards Chau Doc.
- Check-out and disembarkment for a visit of Chau Doc. Market, floating fish farms, Chàm muslim minority and worship places.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Châu Đốc.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
We offer a 20% late booking rebate to passengers boarding within the next 48 hours.1