If you need support and advice about your trip, please call us at +84 (0) 292 382 9540, we shall be happy to hear from you.
Please also see our rates.
Please mind, it is 9:55 PM now in Vietnam (GMT+7). The office is available from 8 to 12 and from 13:30 to 17:30 everyday but Saturday afternoons and Sundays.
For a journey along Chomoi-Caibe-Mytho, please just fill-in the message here-under and send it.
If you are open to other journeys or wish to make a broader enquiry, simply mention it in your introduction.
Chợ Mới - Cái Bè - Mỹ Tho
Chợ Mới, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at noon in Cho Moi, welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew.
- Lunch is served as the Bassac gets under way towards downstream of Song Ho (the river of the Tiger) in a scenery of fish-farming nets.
- Early afternoon, visit of a XIXth century monastery and convent still alive, and of the nearby countryside.
- Boarding back before dusk, with a welcome drink, to get under way towards My Thuan.
- Dinner is served while on the way along the Mekong by night.
- The Bassac drops anchor in view of the broad My Thuan bridge for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 on.
- The Bassac sets sail towards Cai Be, crossing the My Thuan bridge and turns into a smaller branch lined with mangrove.
- Arrival near Cai Be, transfer to a rowing boat for a quiet visit through a small canal.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat, which will take you to shore for a visit of Cai Be's handicraft.
- boarding back at noon, with a welcome-back drink.
- Lunch on board as the Bassac is en route towards Binh Hoa Phuoc Island.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat to visit an old colonial house and an orchard garden on the Island.
- Boarding back before dusk. Refreshment drink then departure towards My Tho.
- Dinner is served en route.
- The upper deck welcomes you for a cool evening, why not with a drink.
- The Bassac drops anchor for the night in front of the Ben Tre islands.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 in the morning.
- Mid-morning, check out and transfer to a local boat for an extensive visit of the Ben Tre islands: rowing through the arroyos shaded with water coconut trees, on a horsecart through to a honey farm where you will taste the local production, especially honey tea.
- Arrival at Mỹ Tho late morning.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Mỹ Tho.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
We offer a 20% late booking rebate to passengers boarding within the next 48 hours.1