If you need support and advice about your trip, please call us at +84 (0) 292 382 9540, we shall be happy to hear from you.
Please also see our rates.
Please mind, it is 2:09 AM now in Vietnam (GMT+7). The office is available from 8 to 12 and from 13:30 to 17:30 everyday but Saturday afternoons and Sundays.
For a journey along Chomoi-Caibe-Caolanh-Chaudoc, please just fill-in the message here-under and send it.
If you are open to other journeys or wish to make a broader enquiry, simply mention it in your introduction.
Chợ Mới - Cái Bè - Cao Lãnh - Châu Đốc
Chợ Mới, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at noon in Cho Moi, welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew.
- Lunch is served as the Bassac gets under way towards downstream of Song Ho (the river of the Tiger) in a scenery of fish-farming nets.
- Early afternoon, visit of a XIXth century monastery and convent still alive, and of the nearby countryside.
- Boarding back before dusk, with a welcome drink, to get under way towards My Thuan.
- Dinner is served while on the way along the Mekong by night.
- The Bassac drops anchor in view of the broad My Thuan bridge for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 on.
- The Bassac sets sail towards Cai Be, crossing the My Thuan bridge and turns into a smaller branch lined with mangrove.
- Arrival near Cai Be, transfer to a rowing boat for a quiet visit through a small canal.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat, which will take you to shore for a visit of Cai Be's handicraft.
- Boarding back at noon, with a welcome-back drink.
- Departure from Cai Be to Binh Hoa Phuoc Island while lunch is served on board.
- Transfer onto a local boat for a visit of the gardens and orchards on the bank of the peninsula.
- Back on board, a refreshment awaits you.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac gets under way towards the My Thuan bridge then towards Sa Dec.
- The Bassac drops anchor at the entry of Sa Dec for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30.
- The Bassac continues to cruise upstream Tien Giang river towards Cao Lanh.
- Transfer onto a local boat for a visit of a Tram forest where Viet Cong Xeo Quyt base once was nestled, a moving token of the harshness of combat during the Vietnam war.
- Disembarkment at Cao Lanh.
- Boarding back about noon with a refreshing drink.
- Breakfast is served as the Bassac gets under way towars Cho Moi on a small tributary to the Tiger river
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac drops the anchor for the visit of a late XIXth century Franciscan monastery on shore.
- After boarding back before dusk, and a welcome drink, the Bassac resumes her trip.
- Dinner is served en route.
- The Bassac drops anchor on Song Hau, the Bassac river, for the night, after rounding Cho Moi district through the Vam Nao river.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 on, as the Bassac resumes her progress towards Chau Doc, upstream of river Bassac.
- Upon arrival at Chau Doc, check-out and transfer to a local boat for the visit of a floating fish farm on the way and a village of the muslim Cham minority, then final diembarkment.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Châu Đốc.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
We offer a 20% late booking rebate to passengers boarding within the next 48 hours.1