If you need support and advice about your trip, please call us at +84 (0) 292 382 9540, we shall be happy to hear from you.
Please also see our rates.
Please mind, it is 4:25 PM now in Vietnam (GMT+7). The office is available from 8 to 12 and from 13:30 to 17:30 everyday but Saturday afternoons and Sundays.
For a journey along Cantho-Caibe-Mytho, please just fill-in the message here-under and send it.
If you are open to other journeys or wish to make a broader enquiry, simply mention it in your introduction.
Cần Thơ - Cái Bè - Mỹ Tho
Cần Thơ, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Can Tho at Ninh Kieu pier. Welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins. Departure downstream of the Hau river. Lunch on board while en route.
- Turning into Nicolai canal, towards the Mang Thit and Co Chien rivers. Rest on the upper deck in a scenery of rice fields, sugar cane, woods on the near banks.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor for a visit on shore: past the first tree line, quiet discovery of the peaceful life in the delta's countryside, of rice fields, fruit trees and the welcoming inhabitants, or, at your option, short cycling tour of the surrounding area.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck or around the bar enjoying the sunset.
- The crew serves dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river towards her anchorage point for the night.
- The Bassac sets anchor for the night on river Mang Thit.
- 06:00 Departure towards Cai Be. The passengers take their breakfast at 7:00 while enjoying the scenery on the banks.
- The Bassac crosses Co Chien river then branches into Cho Lach canal for 30 minutes through the traffic of sand and rice barges, in a scenery of fruit drying facilities and wooden ship building yards.
- Arrival near Cai Be, transfer to a rowing boat for a quiet visit through a small canal if the tide allows.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat, which will take you to shore for a visit of Cai Be's handicraft.
- boarding back at noon, with a welcome-back drink.
- Lunch on board as the Bassac is en route towards Binh Hoa Phuoc Island.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat to visit an old colonial house and an orchard garden on the Island.
- Boarding back before dusk. Refreshment drink then departure towards My Tho.
- Dinner is served en route.
- The upper deck welcomes you for a cool evening, why not with a drink.
- The Bassac drops anchor for the night in front of the Ben Tre islands.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 in the morning.
- Mid-morning, check out and transfer to a local boat for an extensive visit of the Ben Tre islands: rowing through the arroyos shaded with water coconut trees, on a horsecart through to a honey farm where you will taste the local production, especially honey tea.
- Arrival at Mỹ Tho late morning.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Mỹ Tho.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
We offer a 20% late booking rebate to passengers boarding within the next 48 hours.1