If you need support and advice about your trip, please call us at +84 (0) 292 382 9540, we shall be happy to hear from you.
Please also see our rates.
Please mind, it is 4:49 AM now in Vietnam (GMT+7). The office is available from 8 to 12 and from 13:30 to 17:30 everyday but Saturday afternoons and Sundays.
For a journey along Caibe-Cantho-Sadec-Caolanh, please just fill-in the message here-under and send it.
If you are open to other journeys or wish to make a broader enquiry, simply mention it in your introduction.
Cái Bè - Cần Thơ - Sa Đéc - Cao Lãnh
Cái Bè, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Cai Be at noon. Welcome drink, Introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins.
- Departure towards Cho Lach on the Tien Giang river.
- Lunch while en route. Rest on the deck.
- The Bassac slips into the Chợ Lách canal, in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the river traffic, between markets and churches, a unique opportunity for a glimpse of the very varied life on the banks as well as on the water.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor for a visit on shore. Be it on foot or by bicycle, be ready to discover a village in the delta while appreciating its peaceful scenery and life with simplicity.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river.
- The Bassac sets anchor just downstream from Tra On for the night.
- The boat departs at 06:00, as the ship passes by Tra On. The ship then departs towards Can Tho. The breakfast is available at 7:00.
- Arrival in Cần Thơ, transfer onto a local boat to visit the Cai Rang floating market, then a noodle factory and return to the Ninh Kieu pier by mid-morning.
- Boarding at Can Tho at Ninh Kieu pier. Welcome drink, departure downstream of the Hau river. Lunch on board while en route.
- Branching into Nicolai canal, then Mang Thit river towards Co Chien river. Rest on the upper deck or enjoy the open bar in a scenery of rice fields, sugar cane, woods on the near banks.
- Visit of a village on the banks of river Mang Thit, an opportunity to appreciate the way of life and hospitality of the local inhabitants. Visit of the orchard or rice fields nearby. You may pot to take a short cycling ride instead of a walk.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. The bar services are available; rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river towards her anchorage point for the night.
- The Bassac sets anchor for the night on river Mang Thit.
- 06:30 Departure towards Sa Dec. The passengers take their breakfast while enjoying the scenery on the banks.
- The Bassac cruises upstream Co Chien river along the banks of Ben Tre.
- On the way towards Sa Dec, the Bassac crosses the My Thuan bridge.
- Arrival in Sa Dec late in the morning.
- Boarding back about noon at Sa Dec. Welcome back drink.
- Lunch is served on board.
- After lunch, transfer for a visit of the town of Sa Dec, following the tracks of French novelist Marguerite Duras: Home of "The Lover", the Trung Vuong primary school where French novel writer Marguerite Duras was a pupil.
- Back on board, a refreshment awaits you.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac gets under way towards Cao Lanh then drops anchor at the entry of Cao Lanh for overnight.
- Breakfast is available from 6h30 AM.
- Check-out and transfer onto a local boat for a visit of a eucalyptus forest where the Xeo Quyt Viet Cong Base was nestled, a moving testimony to the harshness of the fights during the Vietnam war.
- Disembarkment at Sa Dec.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Cao Lãnh.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
We offer a 20% late booking rebate to passengers boarding within the next 48 hours.1