Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise1.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Vĩnh Long - Sa Đéc - Châu Đốc - Phnom Penh
Vĩnh Long - Sa Đéc - Châu Đốc - Phnom Penh
Enquire or book a trip along Vĩnh Long - Sa Đéc - Châu Đốc - Phnom Penh.
Vĩnh Long, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at noon at Vinh Long. Welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins.
- Lunch is served on board.
- Departure from Vinh Long to Binh Hoa Phuoc district. Transfer onto a local boat for a visit of the gardens and orchards on the bank of the peninsula.
- Back on board, a refreshment awaits you.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac gets under way towards the My Thuan bridge then drops anchor in view of the bridge for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30.
- The Bassac gets under way for a short run towards Sa Dec.
- Transfer for a visit of the town of Sa Dec, following the tracks of French novelist Marguerite Duras.
- Boarding back about noon at Sa Dec. Welcome back drink.
- Lunch is served as the Bassac sets sail towards upstream the river.
- After passing by Cao Lanh, the Bassac enters a small tributary of the river of the Tiger (Song Ho).
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac drops the anchor for the visit of a late XIXth century Franciscan monastery on an island, and the surrounding countryside.
- After boarding back before dusk, and a welcome drink, the Bassac resumes her trip.
- Dinner is served en route.
- The Bassac drops anchor on Song Hau, the Bassac river, for the night, after rounding Cho Moi district through the Vam Nao river.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 on, as the Bassac resumes her progress towards Chau Doc, upstream of river Bassac.
- Upon arrival at Chau Doc, transfer to a local boat for the visit of a floating fish farm on the way and a village of the muslim Cham minority.
- Transfer early in the morning on board a speedboat, which takes you to the frontier post at Vĩnh Xương for the emigration formalities.
- Once the formalities have been expedited, boarding back onto the speedboat and departure towards Phnom Penh.
- Arrival at the pier on the Tonle Sap River in Phnom Penh about three and a half hours after departure, and end of services.
End of services on shore at Châu Đốc.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon transfer to the speedboat.