Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise1.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Vĩnh Long - Sa Đéc - Cần Thơ - Vị Thanh - Rạch Giá
Vĩnh Long - Sa Đéc - Cần Thơ - Vị Thanh - Rạch Giá
Enquire or book a trip along Vĩnh Long - Sa Đéc - Cần Thơ - Rạch Giá.
Vĩnh Long, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at noon at Vinh Long. Welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins.
- Lunch is served on board.
- Departure from Vinh Long to Binh Hoa Phuoc district. Transfer onto a local boat for a visit of the gardens and orchards on the bank of the peninsula.
- Back on board, a refreshment awaits you.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac gets under way towards the My Thuan bridge then drops anchor in view of the bridge for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30.
- The Bassac gets under way for a short run towards Sa Dec.
- Transfer for a visit of the town of Sa Dec, following the tracks of French novelist Marguerite Duras.
- Boarding back about noon at Sa Dec. Welcome back drink.
- Lunch while en route. The Bassac goes downstream the Tiền Giang River towards Vinh Long. Rest on the deck, or enjoy the open bar.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor for a visit on shore: past the first tree line, quiet discovery of the peaceful life in the delta's countryside, of rice fields, fruit trees and the welcoming inhabitants, or, at your option, short cycling tour of the surrounding area.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Open bar and rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river.
- The Bassac sets anchor in front of Phuoc Hau pagoda, in Tra On, for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 07:00, while the ship is passing by Tra On. The ship then continues its way towards Can Tho.
- Arrival in Can Tho, transfer onto a local boat to visit the floating market, then a noodle factory and return to the Ninh Kieu pier.
- Boarding back onto the Bassac at the Ninh Kieu pier, welcome drink.
- Lunch as the Bassac cruises up river Can Tho and crosses the sleepy floating market at Cai Rang.
- The boat then entes the very active Xa No canal, the main river link of Hau Giang province. The canal is lined with waterlocks and connecting canals dug in the early XXth Century to help foster rice production.
- Visit on shore in teh second half of the afternoon, in the vicinity of Vị Thanh.
- Boarding back at nightfall, and dinner after a light refreshment as the Bassac resumes her long cruise towards river Cái Lớn.
- The Bassac casts anchor for the night once past the quiet town of Go Quao.
- As there is no light pollution, if teh weather is clear, the early morning sky is full of stars.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 in the morning.
- As she enters the brackish waters of the estuary, the Bassac may send schools of silvery fish flying. By clear weather, one can see above the trees the peak of Hon Tre island, in the gulf of Siam.
- Arrival at the Xèo Rô or Tắc Cầu ferry pier by mid-morning, check-out and transfer to shore.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Rạch Giá.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.