Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise1.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Sa Đéc - Cao Lãnh - Long Xuyên - Châu Đốc
Sa Đéc - Cao Lãnh - Long Xuyên - Châu Đốc
Enquire or book a trip along Sa Đéc - Cao Lãnh - Long Xuyên - Châu Đốc.
Sa Đéc, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Sa Dec at noon, welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, checking into the cabins.
- Lunch is served on board.
- After lunch, transfer for a visit of the town of Sa Dec, following the tracks of French novelist Marguerite Duras: Home of "The Lover", the Trung Vuong primary school where French novel writer Marguerite Duras was a pupil.
- Back on board, a refreshment awaits you.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac gets under way towards Cao Lanh then drops anchor at the entry of Cao Lanh for overnight.
- Breakfast is available from 6h30 AM.
- Transfer onto a local boat for a visit of a eucalyptus forest where the Xeo Quyt Viet Cong Base was nestled, a moving testimony to the harshness of the fights during the Vietnam war.
- Boarding back about noon. Refreshed drink.
- Lunch is served as the Bassac sets sail upstream the river towards Cu Lao Gieng island by entering into a small tributary of the river of the Tiger.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac drops the anchor for the visit of a XIXth century Franciscan monastery on shore.
- After boarding back before dusk, and a welcome drink, the Bassac resumes her trip.
- Dinner is served en route.
- The Bassac drops anchor on Song Hau, the Bassac river, for the night, after rounding Cho Moi district through the Vam Nao river.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 AM, The Bassac cruises towards the floating market of Long Xuyen.
- Transfer on an local boat for a visit of a crocodile farm.
- Boarding back at noon, refreshement as a welcome back.
- Departure towards Tiger Island on the middle of the Bassac river. Lunch is served on board while en route.
- Upon arrival at Tiger Island, transfer onto the longboat for a visit of stilted houses, a typical local architecture.
- Boarding back before dusk, a welcome drink and the dinner are served on board while en route.
- Rest on the deck before the night. The Bassac drops anchor near Long Xuyen for the night.
- Breakfast is served from 6:30 AM, as the Bassac is on its way upstream the river towards Chau Doc.
- Upon arrival to Chau Doc, check-out and transfer onto a local boat for the visit of a village of the Muslim Cham minority and a floating fish farm on the way, then final disembarkment.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Châu Đốc.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
Some possible extensions
Here are some extension possibilities about the journey you are preparing. These, for the most part, we manage ourselves. May you find here some inspiration.
After disembarking in Châu Đốc
Upon disembarking, you may skip the visit and transfer right away to a speedboat heading towards Cambodia and Phnom Penh. This takes leaving the board a bit early but saves you a night in Châu Đốc. The trip takes about 5 hours and puts you right in the middle of Phnom Penh on the Sisowath pier at lunch time. A very practical and fast access to Cambodia. You may even make your visa to Cambodia at the frontier.
To book an extension
You may simply ask us to book any of these extensions, just mention it when booking the Bassac. We can also help you with the road transfer arrangements.