Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise1.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Sa Đéc - Cái Bè - Cần Thơ - Chợ Mới
Sa Đéc - Cái Bè - Cần Thơ - Chợ Mới
Enquire or book a trip along Sa Đéc - Cái Bè - Cần Thơ - Chợ Mới.
Sa Đéc, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Sa Dec at noon. Welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, check into the cabins.
- Lunch is served on board.
- In the afternoon, the longboat takes you to shore, for a visit of the plant nurseries, the Sa Đéc market hall and the house of _the Lover_.
- Boarding back by the end of the afternoon, and the Bassac gets under way heading downstream on the First River.
- The Bassac casts anchor for the night in view of teh large My Thuan bridge, and dinner is served on board.
- 07:00 Departure towards Cai Be. The passengers take their breakfast while enjoying the scenery on the banks.
- The Bassac soon leaves the main river to enter between the Cu Lao Tan Phong island and Tien Giang province.
- Arrival near Cai Be, transfer to a rowing boat for a quiet visit through a small canal.
- Rendez-vous with a local boat, which will take you to shore for a visit of Cai Be's handicraft.
- Boarding at Cai Be at noon. Welcome drink, departure towards Cho Lach on the Tien Giang river.
- Lunch while en route. Rest on the deck.
- The Bassac slips into the Chợ Lách canal, in the middle of the hustle and bustle of the river traffic, between markets and churches, a unique opportunity for a glimpse of the very varied life on the banks as well as on the water.
- Visit of a village on the banks of river Mang Thit, an opportunity to appreciate the way of life and hospitality of the local inhabitants. Visit of the orchard or rice fields nearby.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. Rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river.
- The Bassac sets anchor just downstream from Tra On for the night.
- The boat departs at 06:00, as the ship passes by Tra On, where you may see a small floating market. The ship
then departs towards Can Tho. The breakfast is available at 7:00.
- Arrival near Cai Rang floating market, transfer onto a local boat to visit the floating market, then a noodle factory and return to the Ninh Kieu pier by mid-morning.
- Lunch on shore in an old French-era building of the Comptoirs d\'Indochine. Visit of the old Cần Thơ market. Boarding back, welcome drink and departure towards upstream river Bassac.
- Upon arrival at Thốt Nốt, transfer on the longboat to take some walks at a village in Thốt Nốt.
- Boarding back before dusk, a welcome drink and the dinner are served on board while en route towards Chợ Mới.
- The bar is open, rest on the deck before the night. The Bassac drops anchor near Chợ Mới for the night.
- Breakfast is served from 6:30 AM, as the ship is on her way upstream the Bassac river, then on Vàm Nao river towards Chợ Mới.
- Upon arrival to Chợ Mới, check-out and transfer onto a local boat for the visit of the cages of a floating fish-farm, then final disembarkation.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Chợ Mới.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.