Charter and reroute a Bassac
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along another route than Chợ Mới - Sóc Trăng - Châu Đốc.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise[#day].
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
Program of the journey: Chợ Mới - Sóc Trăng - Châu Đốc
Chợ Mới - Sóc Trăng - Châu Đốc
Enquire or book a trip along Chợ Mới - Sóc Trăng - Châu Đốc.
Chợ Mới, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at noon at Chợ Mới, introduction to the ship and crew, checking into the cabins.
- Lunch is served as the Bassac sets sail along her route.
- After coffee and a nap if you wish, you may enjoy the banks scenery unrolling; then the Bassac drops anchor by mid-afternoon for the visit.
- After boarding back and a welcome back drink, the Bassac gets under way, and night falls.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac reaches her anchoring point for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 on, with croissants, tea, coffee, a selection of fruit juices.
- The Bassac gets under way towards Sóc Trăng.
- Upon arrival at Sóc Trăng, boarding of a local boat for the morning visit.
- The visit brings you to mid-morning.
To go from Sóc Trăng to Châu Đốc is too long for a journey over one night. Please try this itinerary over two nights.
Were it possible, this leg would leave you by mid-morning at Châu Đốc.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Châu Đốc.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
Some possible extensions
Here are some extension possibilities about the journey you are preparing. These, for the most part, we manage ourselves. May you find here some inspiration.
After disembarking in Châu Đốc
Upon disembarking, you may skip the visit and transfer right away to a speedboat heading towards Cambodia and Phnom Penh. This takes leaving the board a bit early but saves you a night in Châu Đốc. The trip takes about 5 hours and puts you right in the middle of Phnom Penh on the Sisowath pier at lunch time. A very practical and fast access to Cambodia. You may even make your visa to Cambodia at the frontier.
To book an extension
You may simply ask us to book any of these extensions, just mention it when booking the Bassac. We can also help you with the road transfer arrangements.