Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise1.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Chợ Mới - Cần Thơ - Sa Đéc - Cao Lãnh
Chợ Mới - Cần Thơ - Sa Đéc - Cao Lãnh
Enquire or book a trip along Chợ Mới - Cần Thơ - Sa Đéc - Cao Lãnh.
Chợ Mới, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at the Cho Moi ferry pier, welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, check into your cabin.
- Departure on Vam Nao river, then downstream on the Bassac river, as the crew serves lunch.
- Upon arrival at Thot Not, transfer on the longboat for a visit of a village.
- Boarding back before dusk, a welcome drink and the dinner are served on board while en route.
- Rest on the deck before the night. The Bassac drops anchor for the night.
- Breakfast is served from 6:30 AM, as the Bassac is on its way downstream the river towards Can Tho.
- Arrival in Cai Rang floating market, transfer onto a local boat to visit the floating market, then a noodle factory and return to the Ninh Kieu pier.
- Arrival at Ninh Kieu, Can Tho, by mid-morning.
- Boarding at Can Tho at Ninh Kieu pier. Welcome drink, departure downstream of the Hau river. Lunch on board while en route.
- Tour near Tra On floating market.
- Branching into Mang Thit river towards Co Chien river.Rest on the upper deck or enjoy the open bar in a scenery of rice fields, sugar cane, woods on the near banks.
- Visit of a village on the banks of river Mang Thit, an opportunity to appreciate the way of life and hospitality of the local inhabitants. Visit of the orchard or rice fields nearby.
- Boarding back, complimentary drink as a welcome back on board. The bar services are available; rest on the deck enjoying the sunset. The crew will serve dinner while the Bassac is cruising Mang Thit river towards her anchorage point for the night.
- The Bassac sets anchor for the night on river Mang Thit.
- 06:30 Departure towards Sa Dec. The passengers take their breakfast while enjoying the scenery on the banks.
- The Bassac cruises upstream Co Chien river along the banks of Ben Tre.
- The Bassac resumes its trip towards Sa Dec, and crosses the My Thuan bridge.
- Arrival in Sa Dec late in the morning.
- Boarding back about noon at Sa Dec. Welcome back drink.
- Lunch is served on board.
- After lunch, transfer for a visit of the town of Sa Dec, following the tracks of French novelist Marguerite Duras: Home of "The Lover", the Trung Vuong primary school where French novel writer Marguerite Duras was a pupil.
- Back on board, a refreshment awaits you.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac gets under way towards Cao Lanh then drops anchor at the entry of Cao Lanh for overnight.
- Breakfast is available from 6h30 AM.
- Check-out and transfer onto a local boat for a visit of a eucalyptus forest where the Xeo Quyt Viet Cong Base was nestled, a moving testimony to the harshness of the fights during the Vietnam war.
- Disembarkment at Sa Dec.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Cao Lãnh.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.