Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise1.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Cao Lãnh - Châu Đốc - Vĩnh Xương
Cao Lãnh - Châu Đốc - Vĩnh Xương
Enquire or book a trip along Cao Lãnh - Châu Đốc - Vĩnh Xương.
Cao Lãnh, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Cao Lanh at noon, welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew, checking into the cabins.
- Breakfast is served as the Bassac gets under way towars Cho Moi on a small tributary to the Tiger river
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac drops the anchor for the visit of a late XIXth century Franciscan monastery on shore.
- After boarding back before dusk, and a welcome drink, the Bassac resumes her trip.
- Dinner is served en route.
- The Bassac drops anchor on Song Hau, the Bassac river, for the night, after rounding Cho Moi district through the Vam Nao river.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 on, as the Bassac resumes her progress towards Chau Doc, upstream of river Bassac.
- Upon arrival at Chau Doc, transfer to a local boat for the visit of a floating fish farm on the way and a village of the muslim Cham minority.
- Boarding back at noon, with a welcome drink. Departure upstream river Bassac. Lunch is served while en route.
- In the middle of the afternoon, the Bassac casts anchor on the Tan Chau canal for the visit of a village. Wooden ship yards, rice fields.
- Boarding back by late afternoon.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac resumes her journey on the canal towards the first stream of the Mekong.
- The Bassac drops anchors for the night on the Tien Giang river, in front of Tan Chau.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 AM, as the Bassac casts off upstream the Mekong in the scenery of the banks.
- Arrival at the Vinh Xuong frontier post at about 8:00. Check-out.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Vĩnh Xương.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
Some possible extensions
Here are some extension possibilities about the journey you are preparing. These, for the most part, we manage ourselves. May you find here some inspiration.
After disembarking in Vĩnh Xương
Upon disembarking, you may transfer to a speedboat heading towards Cambodia and Phnom Penh. This leaves you ample time to have a solid breakfast, and still be on shore at lunch time, after about 4 hours, right in the middle of Phnom Penh on the Sisowath pier. A very practical and fast access to Cambodia. You may need to charter a speedboat to effect this journey, but you can even make your visa to Cambodia at the frontier.
To book an extension
You may simply ask us to book any of these extensions, just mention it when booking the Bassac. We can also help you with the road transfer arrangements.