Choose your journey
Scheduled departures you can join.
In a few moments, our availabilities for tomorrow and the day after.
Pick your own itinerary if you would rather charter a boat and run along your own route.
Pick one port of call for each day of cruise1.
For instance, for a two-night cruise, pick the place of departure, the port of call on day two, and the destination. The trips between Chau Doc or Vinh Xuong and Phnom Penh are extensions on board speedboats.
Just fill-in the form, or simply click on your chosen ports of call on the map on the right.
Mistaken? Or would you like to start afresh? Just reset the form, or correct the port of call with
its drop-down menu.
Are you feeling lost? See our animated map of the Mekong Delta to get some hints about the possible destinations.
See also our daytime cruise programs.
Program of the journey: Cái Bè - Cao Lãnh - Long Xuyên - Cần Thơ
Cái Bè, on the first day at noon
- Boarding at Cai Be with a local boat through the Cai Be floating market. Boarding on the Bassac, welcome drink, introduction to the ship and crew. Check into the cabins.
- Departure from Cai Be to Binh Hoa Phuoc Island while lunch is served on board.
- Transfer onto a local boat for a visit of the gardens and orchards on the bank of the peninsula.
- Back on board, a refreshment awaits you.
- Dinner is served as the Bassac gets under way towards the My Thuan bridge then towards Sa Dec.
- The Bassac drops anchor at the entry of Sa Dec for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30.
- The Bassac continues to cruise upstream Tien Giang river towards Cao Lanh.
- Transfer onto a local boat for a visit of a Tram forest where Viet Cong Xeo Quyt base once was nestled, a moving token of the harshness of combat during the Vietnam war.
- Disembarkment at Cao Lanh.
- Boarding back about noon. Refreshed drink.
- Lunch is served as the Bassac sets sail upstream the river towards Cu Lao Gieng island by entering into a small tributary of the river of the Tiger.
- By mid-afternoon, the Bassac drops the anchor for the visit of a XIXth century Franciscan monastery on shore.
- After boarding back before dusk, and a welcome drink, the Bassac resumes her trip.
- Dinner is served en route.
- The Bassac drops anchor on Song Hau, the Bassac river, for the night, after rounding Cho Moi district through the Vam Nao river.
- Breakfast is available from 6:30 AM, The Bassac cruises towards the floating market of Long Xuyen.
- Transfer on an local boat for a visit of a crocodile farm.
- Boarding back about noon. Departure downstream of the Hau river towards Thot Not. Lunch on board while en route.
- Upon arrival at Thot Not, transfer on the longboat to take some walks at a village in Thot Not.
- Boarding back at dusk, rest on the deck for the sunset while taking some drinks at the bar.
- The dinner is served on board. The Bassac continues to take the way to Can Tho and drops anchors near Can Tho for the night.
- Breakfast is available from 07:00, while the ship is crossing towards Can Tho city.
- Arrival in Cần Thơ, transfer onto a local boat to visit the Cai Rang floating market, then a noodle factory and return to the Ninh Kieu pier.
End of services by mid-morning on shore at Cần Thơ.
Please note you will leave the Bassac for good upon boarding the small boat for the last visit, typically about 8:30.
The details of the program and the visits may vary depending on logistics or technical constraints.
Some possible extensions
Here are some extension possibilities about the journey you are preparing. These, for the most part, we manage ourselves. May you find here some inspiration.
Staying near Cái Bè
If you are staying near Cái Bè, you may
have a good time at The Island Lodge, at Michel and Françoise's on Thới Sơn island, facing the Mekong. The Island Lodge offers a relaxing experience by the pool, a view over the lush and ever-varied green of the countryside, and gourmet dining at Le Comptoir de Marthe et Édouard.
There are opportunities for activities from The Island Lodge.
After disembarking in Cần Thơ
Upon disembarking, you may
take a tour of the old market and the Ninh Kiều pier, with its pagoda, then have lunch in Cần Thơ if you have time. The pier has a few good spots to stop for a meal: from the Sao Hôm restaurant, in the old market hall where you disembark itself, to the Nam Bộ restaurant (1 Ngô Quyền, just 300m away), which both serve classic Vietnamese cuisine and specialities, and even some western food for the weary traveler, and to l'Escale (the Port of Call), on the top floor of the Nam Bộ, which serves fine cuisine on a terrace overlooking the Mekong.
You may also take a cycling tour to some nice green spots in the surrounding contryside and discover how different Cần Thơ is, again, in the variety of landscapes of the Mekong delta.
You may also fly straight to Đà Nẵng if you are going on to Central Vietnam, that will save you hours on the road to Saigon.
There are daily direct flights between Đà Nẵng and Cần Thơ by Vietnam Airlines and Vietjet Air.
Vietjet Air flies by the end of the morning, so you may take the flight after disembarkation.
Staying near Cần Thơ
If you are staying near Cần Thơ, you may
make the best of your time and take a cycling tour, or a cruise to a Khmer sanctuary or try yourself at rowing Mekong delta style.
offer a wealth of activities and day tours, and also initiations to arts and crafts: Mekong delta cuisine and fruit carving.
You will find with the same attention to detail and caring service as with us.
You may also
spend a night or more in the Nam Bộ Boutique Hotel, a charming hotel right on the Ninh Kiều pier, at a stone's throw of the Bassac's mooring point. The Nam Bộ has 7 suites only, welcomes families and offers breakfast on a comfortable terrace with a view, at l'Escale.
To book an extension
You may simply ask us to book any of these extensions, just mention it when booking the Bassac. We can also help you with the pick-up.